Rules & Regulations
General Information for The Grand Duck Derby event, September 4th 2022:
- The Grand Duck Derby will be held at Grandscape-The Colony located at 5752 Grandscape Blvd. The Colony Texas 75056 on Sunday, September 4th 2022.
- The Grand Duck Derby course is established by The Colony Chamber of Commerce and its’ designated partners. The Grand Duck Derby Staff reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine the winners by random drawing in the event of inclement weather, acts of God, Covid-19, or other circumstances beyond the control of The Colony Chamber of Commerce.
- In case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances preventing the running of The Grand Duck Derby event, the ducks will be selected randomly, and winners will be notified in writing, by phone or email within 60 days of the event.
- The Grand Duck Derby is produced by The Colony Chamber of Commerce, 501(c)(6). The mission statement of The Colony Chamber of Commerce is, “The Colony Chamber of Commerce supports business and builds community through collaboration, education and advocacy.”
- 35,000 ducks will be entered into The Grand Duck Derby to be held at Grandscape In The Colony on Sunday, September 4th, 2022.
Rules and Regulations:
- A copy of the Grand Duck Derby Rules and Regulations, a list of prizes and, after the event, a list of prize winners can be obtained from The Grand Duck Derby by sending a written request with self-addressed stamped envelope to The Colony Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 560006, The Colony, TX 75056. The Colony Grand Duck Derby Staff will provide said rules and regulations within 20 business days of receipt of such request.
- All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by The Colony Chamber of Commerce and The Grand Duck Derby Staff in its absolute discretion, and its judgment is final.
- The opportunity to win will depend on the total number of qualified entries.
- All ducks entered are and shall remain property of The Colony Chamber of Commerce and The Grand Duck Derby event.
- No person or group may interfere with the racing of The Grand Duck Derby entries. Failure to comply with this rule constitutes disqualification of a person or group, if their duck receives a prize.
- The Grand Duck Derby will start at The Grandscape Lagoon in The Colony, Texas, on September 4, 2022. See specific location and parking information on the main page of www.thegrandduckderby.com
The Duck Pond, Duck Tracking Information and Prize Redemption:
- Each duck will have a Duck Tag, this tag number corresponds to a person or group (known as the purchaser). The transaction information (receipt, Duck Tag number) will be compiled and maintained in the official database, hereinafter known as the Duck Pond. The Colony Chamber of Commerce and The Grand Duck Derby Staff will maintain the Duck Pond.
- A government issued identification will be required to claim any and all prizes awarded by The Grand Duck Derby. Winners will be notified by e-mail, and must pick up their prize from the Producer by November 4, 2022.
- Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. By entering, the entrants release the Producers, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff, sponsors and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to the prizes.
- By entering The Grand Duck Derby, hosted by The Colony Chamber of Commerce, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without any additional compensation. The Grand Duck Derby and The Colony Chamber of Commerce has the consent of the person or person to use any and all likenesses without additional consent of the participant.
- One free entry per person can be obtained by presenting a handwritten request to The Colony Chamber of Commerce by submitting a self-addressed stamped return envelope for mailing of entry ticket. Requests for free entries after 35,000 ducks have been purchased will not be honored. All requests must be received before noon on September 3, 2022.
- Winners of any prize must be over 18 years of age and must pay any applicable sales tax or other fees associated with the prize. Winner does not need to be present at The Grand Duck Derby on Sunday, September 4th, 2022 to win.
- The Grand Duck Derby winners will be announced on Sunday, September 4th 2022 at The Grandscape Topo Chico Hard Seltzer stage. This will take place at the conclusion of The Grand Duck Derby. Winners will also be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. mail. If a winner does not claim designated prize within 60 days of race date, or if staff is unable to contact a winner due to insufficient or illegible contact information, or if a winner is deemed ineligible to win a prize, The Grand Duck Derby will select a substitute winner by random drawing of entry tickets. All prizes will be awarded by The Grand Duck Derby and The Colony Chamber of Commerce.
- The Grand Duck Derby event, hosted by The Colony Chamber of Commerce and its’ partners is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.